PSA Birth Certificate is an important document for us Filipinos. It serves as one of our primary identification aside from valid IDs.
The Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA) is the one responsible for issuing the PSA Birth Certificate.
This is different from the usual LCR Birth Certificate which can be requested easily from your Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
Did you know that you can now request your PSA Birth Certificate online through PSAHelpline.ph which is an accredited partner of PSA itself.
If this is your first time requesting PSA Birth Certificate Online, this article will guide you step-by-step from online application to delivery of your PSA Birth Certificate.
Upon filing the request online, there are no documentary requirements set forth by PSA but you need the means to request online. Here are the things you will need for this request.
- Internet or mobile data connection
- Smartphone, laptop, or personal computer
- 10-15 minutes of your time
- Complete information of the document’s owner
How to get PSA Birth Certificate Online via PSAHelpline?
Requesting a PSA Birth Certificate can be done online without leaving your home. Just visit the PSAHelpline website. Order your document. Pay using online payment methods such as GCash and PayMaya.
Wait for the delivery or check your order status. Just like that, you’ll have your PSA documents delivered to your home.
Here are the step-by-step procedures on how to request your PSA Birth Certificate Online.
Visit PSAHelpline Official Website.
The link is given at the end of this article. Click the ‘Order Now’ button and it will take you to the next page.
Follow the On-screen Procedures.
Supply the necessary information in order to request PSA Birth Certificate.
Click the ‘Order Now’ button.
Choose ‘My Own Birth Certificate’ if you are requesting for yourself, otherwise choose ‘For Someone Else’. For the sake of this article, I’m choosing the first option.
Prepare the following information as shown in the picture below as these will be needed in the next step. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
Supply the required information including your first, middle, and last name. Enter your gender and birthday. Choose a valid ID that will be presented upon delivery.
Note: Make sure that your chosen valid is not yet expired and in good physical condition.
Make sure to double-check all of your information before clicking ‘Continue’.
On the next page, make sure your personal information is correct.
On the next page, supply your father’s first, middle, and last name. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the next page, supply your mother’s maiden first, middle, and last name. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the next page, supply your birth country, province, and municipality. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the next page, it will ask you if you are a late-registered person. Choose ‘Yes, it was registered late’ if you are, otherwise choose ‘No, it was registered on time. For the sake of this article, I’m going to choose the second option.
Tip: If your LCR Birth Certificate has two pages, you are probably registered late, otherwise you are registered on time. The second page contains the affidavit of late registration.
On the next page, choose the purpose of the request. The purpose will be solely based on the actual purpose of your request. For example, if you are looking for a job, choose ‘Local Employment’ and click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the next page, it will ask you to choose if there were any legal proceedings previously done. For the sake of this article, I’m going to choose ‘None’. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the next page, you will be asked to enter the delivery information. Since I’m requesting for myself, my name is automatically inserted in the recipient field and cannot be edited.
Make sure to supply the correct and accurate information. For delivery address, indicate the house number if applicable. Supply other information to locate you easily. Make sure that the mobile number and email address you’ve entered are active. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the next page, the summary of the request is indicated. For the last time review the summary. Check all of the details as all of them are important. If you want to make changes, just click the back button of your device.
If you have no corrections, choose how many copies would you like to request and tick the box confirming your transaction. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
On the last page, the reference number is provided. If you’re going to pay later, look for the email sent by PSAHelpline to retrieve the reference or order number.
The email will look like this.
Pay the Amount Due.
You can pay the total amount due using any of the following payment methods.
- Credit card
- Bancnet ATM
My advice for you is to pay the amount due using either GCash, Paymaya, or credit card to avoid going outside of your home due to the current situation.
For the sake of this article, I will just cover the three online payment options mentioned above.
Choose GCash from the options, and you will be redirected to the payment page. One thing I like about paying PSA Birth Certificate using GCash is the real-time processing. The payments are posted in real-time so I can expect the order to be processed immediately.
Click ‘Pay using GCash’ to proceed.
Enter your GCash mobile number and click ‘Next’.
You will then receive a verification code for your GCash mobile number. You have to enter it and click ‘Next’. After that, you just need to click the button which says ‘Agree’ or ‘Pay’. The amount will be automatically deducted from your current balance.
The steps of paying your PSA Birth Certificate through Paymaya is very similar to the GCash method.
Choose PayMaya as a payment method and click ‘Pay using PayMaya’ on the next page.
Choose the first option and not the card option.
Click ‘Login to Pay’ at the bottom. Alternatively, open your PayMaya app and you need to scan the QR code and the bill details will be automatically inserted on the app payment details. You just have to confirm the payment.
If you choose to pay by logging in, please follow along.
Login to your PayMaya account and follow the on-screen details.
If you are using a personal device, you can safely use this method. However, if you just use another’s device or some public device such a ‘pisonets’ or ‘computer rentals’, I recommend not using this method. This might compromise your card details.
Disclaimer: I will not be liable if your card details are compromised.
Choose Credit Card as a payment method and click ‘Pay using Credit Card’.
Enter your card details and click ‘Complete Order’.
After successful payment, you will receive another email from PSAHelpline confirming the payment. And tadaaa! Just like this, I just ordered my PSA Birth Certificate.
The email will look like this.
Wait for Delivery.
You just finished all the process from ordering to payment. Now, you just have to sit back and relax and wait for delivery. While waiting, make sure that the ID you entered on the ordering process is ready to avoid issues upon delivery.
Check Your Order Status
Due to the current situation, the delivery of your PSA Birth Certificate might get delayed. Optionally, you can check the order status here.
List of Valid IDs Accepted
Please see the list of acceptable IDs below:
- Philippine Passport issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
- Driver’s License issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Unified Multi-Purpose ID/eCard
- Social Security System (SSS) Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG) Transaction/Loyalty Card
- Voter’s ID issued by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC)
- Postal ID issued by Philippine Postal Corporation (PhlPost)
- Senior Citizen’s ID Card issued by the Office of Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) and/or local government units (LGUs)
- OFW ID issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seaman’s/Seawoman’s Book issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- Diplomat/Consular ID issued by the Philippine Embassy
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Philippine National Police (PNP) ID/Police Clearance
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification/4Ps ID
- Barangay ID/Certification with picture and signature
- Person with Disability (PWD) ID issued by the National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA) or its regional counterpart, Office of the Mayor, Office of the Barangay Captain, DSWD Office and other participating organization with Memorandum of Agreement with the Department of Health (DOH)
- IDs issued by National Government Offices (e.g., AFP, DAR, DENR, DOH, DOJ) including Government Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs)
- IDs issued by the Offices of the Local Chief Executives (Governor, ViceGovemor, Mayor and Vice Mayor)
- Tax Identification Card (TIN) with picture and signature issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue
- School/Student ID for currently-enrolled students, 18 years old and above, issued by reputable schools/colleges/universities recognized by the Department of Education (DepEd) or Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) signed by the principal or head of the academic institution
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with, supervised or regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Insurance Commission (IC)
- For foreign nationals, passport issued by foreign governments AND any of the following:
- Alien Certification of Registration (ACR I-card);
- Immigrant Certificate of Registration;
- Special Resident Retiree Visa issued by the Bureau of Immigration through the Philippine Retirement Authority.
- Philippine Identification Card
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have other questions, be sure to check the FAQ page of PSAHelpline.
1 thought on “How to Request PSA Birth Certificate Online in 2022”
We are so very difficult and assisting like this kind of process of online is so many produces of details to cope in kind of application the time management of you self is so very important to callaborate the details before you succeed what kind of information you need, the common of walk in is so fast and clear all documents you provide it and better to everyone