Self-employed, voluntary, non-working spouses and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) can now apply for a SSS Sickness Benefit online.
The SSS has now made it possible for the persons listed above to apply for SSS sickness benefits online, making the procedure easier, more accessible, and convenient for everyone. Are you curious about this procedure? Continue reading below.
People who do not visit SSS branches may commonly make sickness benefit reimbursement claims from their homes now that the SSS has made it feasible for self-employed members, voluntary members, non-working spouses, and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to transact through an internet system.
That’s fantastic news, especially given the country’s present predicament during the epidemic! To begin, make sure you are eligible for this claim and have all of the necessary documentation.
What is SSS Sickness Benefit?
According to SSS itself, the SSS sickness benefit is a daily cash allowance paid for the number of days a member is unable to work due to sickness or injury.
The sickness benefit is the sum of money provided to a member for each day he or she is unable to work due to illness or accident. It is equal to 90% of the member’s average daily wage credit; it is only available to members who have accumulated enough service hours to qualify.
SSS Sickness Benefits Qualifications
If you wish to apply for SSS Sickness Benefits online, you must satisfy all of the following qualifying conditions:
1. You must be a self-employed, voluntary, non-working spouse, or an OFW member.
Employed members have a different process for sickness benefits applications. You may talk to your employer if you want to process your application.
2. Unable to work due to sickness or injury
According to SSS, a qualified member must be unable to work due to sickness or injury and is confined either in a hospital or at home for at least four (4) days. If you’re confined for three days and below, you’re not qualified a SSS Sickness Benefits.
3. Paid at least three (3) months of contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of sickness or injury.
A semester of sickness refers to two (2) consecutive quarters ending in the quarter of sickness.
If Juan Dela Cruz was confined in April 2022 for 16 days, the semester of sickness is from January to June 2022. If Marites Dijuminto was confined in July 2021 for 28 days, the semester of sickness is from April to September 2021.
In the above example, Juan Dela Cruz must have paid at least (3) months of contributions before January 2022 within the recent (12) months or from January to December 2021.
On the other hand, Marites Dijuminto must have at least (3) monthly contributions before April 2021 within the last (12) months or from April 2020 to March 2021.
3. You must notify SSS directly of the fact of sickness or injury.
The online application will serve as a notification to SSS.
SSS Sickness Benefits Requirements
Since you’re applying online, you must have a My.SSS account. You’ll log in later to proceed with the application.
Aside from that, you must have enrolled your preferred disbursement account thru SSS’ Disbursement Account Enrollment Module (DAEM).
How to Compute SSS Sickness Benefits in 2022?
Before applying for SSS sickness benefits, it’s practical to know how much you’ll receive. We’ve laid out the computations below and an example for you to understand better the SSS Sickness Benefits.
- Determine the semester of sickness. Exclude your monthly contributions from this semester.
- Determine the twelve-month periods preceding the semester of sickness.
- Choose the six highest monthly contributions or highest Monthly Salary Credit (MSC) and add them together.
- Divide the sum calculated in Step 3 by 180 days to get the Average Daily Salary Credit (ADSC).
- Multiple the ADSC by 90% to get Daily Sickness Allowance.
- Multiply the Daily Sickness Allowance computed by the number of days confined.
We’ll use the same example above by Juan Dela Cruz and Marites Dijuminto. We’ll assume that Juan Dela Cruz is paying Php 1,300 monthly contribution as a self-employed member while Marites Dijuminto is paying Php 1,950 monthly contribution as a voluntary member..
Based on the latest SSS Contribution Table, their monthly salary credit is as follows:
||Monthly Contribution||Monthly Salary Credit|
|Juan Dela Cruz||Php 1,300||Php 10,000|
|Marites Dijuminto||Php 1,950||Php 15,000|
Computation of SSS Sickness Benefit for Juan
|MONTHLY SALARY CREDIT|
|Semester of Sickness: (Grey Highlight)||January 2022 to June 2022|
|12-month period: (Blue Highlight)||January 2021 to December 2021|
|Six (6) highest MSCs:||₱10,000 / month|
|Total MSC (₱10,000 * 6 Months)||₱60,000|
|ADSC (₱60,000 / 180 Days)||₱333.33|
|Daily sickness allowance (₱333.33 * 90%)||₱300.00|
|Amount of sickness benefit (₱300.00 * 16 Days Confined)||₱4,800 SICKNESS BENEFIT|
Computation of SSS Sickness Benefit for Marites
|MONTHLY SALARY CREDIT|
|Semester of Sickness: (Grey Highlight)||April 2021 to September 2021|
|12-month period: (Blue Highlight)||April 2020 to March 2021|
|Six (6) highest MSCs: Only Four Months Qualified||₱15,000; ₱10,000; ₱15,000; ₱7,500|
|Total MSC (₱15,000+₱10,000+₱15,000+₱7,500)||₱47,500|
|ADSC (₱47,500 / 180 Days)||₱263.89|
|Daily sickness allowance (₱263.89 * 90%)||₱237.50|
|Amount of sickness benefit (₱237.50 * 28 Days Confined)||₱6,650 SICKNESS BENEFIT|
How to Apply SSS Sickness Benefit Online in 2022?
Now that you know how how much you’ll receive, you’re ready to apply for your SSS Sickness Benefits.
1. Log in to My.SSS member portal.
2. Under the E-Services tab of the Employee Self-Service Portal, click Submit Sickness Benefit Application.
4. Click Continue to have SSS verify the information you’ve supplied and confirm your eligibility for Sickness Benefit. The following information will be requested of you:
- Start of sickness
- Confinement location
- Date of discharge (if confined in hospital)
- Number of days confined
- The license number of the attending physician
- Work-related? – Yes or No
- Disbursement account
- Employed at the time of sickness? – Yes or No
5. Before starting, please review the list of documentary requirements and any essential reminders.
6. Fill out the online form and upload the needed papers. To prevent having your application rejected, be sure to notice the permitted file types and sizes. To go to the following page, click “I Certify” and Submit.
7. Click OK to confirm the transaction.
8. A notice will appear in your SSS account. Take a look at it and make a note of the information you need. SSS will send you an email message, which you should check.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions on your mind, you may read the following FAQs before contacting SSS.
Can I make sickness benfits application over-the-counter?
Until the new online filing system is fully implemented, the SSS will continue to accept sickness benefit applications over the counter and through drop boxes. This implies you’ll need to register a My.SSS account because personal filing at SSS offices is quickly becoming obsolete.
When will my online application be processed?
To continue with your SBA application, you must first attach the relevant supporting documentation for the claim/adjustment you are filing. The agency’s personnel will evaluate the papers and process your SBA when they have been reviewed.
What if my application was not accepted?
If you’ve previously made a claim that was rejected by SSS, you can resubmit it online as a new transaction if you follow the SSS guidelines.
Who are exempted from online filing?
Sickness benefit claims are excluded from online filing in the following circumstances and may be filed OTC (over the counter) or through the dropbox at any SSS branch:
- Denied claim reconsidered for payment
- Unclaimed benefit of a deceased member
If you have any more queries concerning SSS Sickness Benefit claims, call their hotline at 1455 or call the SSS Call Center Numbers at (632) 7917-777. You may also message them through their official Facebook page.
The SSS has been working to improve its online site so that Filipinos may apply for a range of services in a more accessible and simple manner. In this scenario, applying online is unquestionably more convenient than applying in person. You won’t have to stand in huge queues at the SSS office or wait for an operator to complete your application for hours on end. If you have all of the relevant paperwork available before going online, the entire procedure will take less than fifteen minutes from start to end.
1 thought on “SSS Sickness Benefit Online Application 2022”
will proceed, well explained. thank you